[Numpy-discussion] Compile Numpy in VC++8

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa....
Thu Apr 3 16:52:24 CDT 2008

Robert Kern wrote:

Just since that has been discussed a LOT, for years, I want to be clear:

> Different versions of Microsoft's compiler use different libraries for
> the standard C library. Some simple Python extension modules compiled
> with a different compiler than the Python interpreter will usually
> work.

Do SOME modules USUALLY work just because of what routines in the
standard library they happen to call? So it's just a matter of luck that
a given module may not trigger a conflict between the two runtime libs?

Thanks,
-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov