[Numpy-discussion] Simple financial functions for NumPy

Sebastian Haase haase@msg.ucsf....
Fri Apr 4 08:58:39 CDT 2008

Hi Travis,
This sounds of course very interesting, but could you elaborate on the
reasoning why this should not rather be "only" in SciPy !?
I thought many people think that numpy was already too crowded and
should concentrate mostly on being a basic array handling facility.

I'm sure you have a good reason for putting these into numpy. Do you
have a list of the new functions ? Wiki page ?

And once more, thanks for all your great work on numpy. I'm now even
trying to make a career out of using numpy for microscopy image
analysis.

 - Sebastian Haase