[Numpy-discussion] Final push for NumPy 1.0.5 (I need your help!)

James Philbin philbinj@gmail....
Sun Apr 6 11:14:41 CDT 2008

> My impression has always been that to ensure
> a patch gets appropriate consideration it
> should be attached to a ticket...
Point taken.

> I don't think this patch should be committed without more discussion.
> This changes behavior and it is intentional that tolist behaves as it
> does now.
I somewhat understand the argument about scalar tolist returning just
the number (as it's 0-d), but it really does seem that a function
called 'tolist' should do what it says on the packet (and the function
doc) or be removed for scalars.

James