[Numpy-discussion] packaging scipy (was Re: Simple financial functions for NumPy)

Mon Apr 7 10:49:05 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 05:20:47PM +0200, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> I agree, and I think we can come to some compromise -- maybe a
> numpy.all namespace, that simply imports all the other subpackages.

For the beginner, "from numpy.all import *" is more confusing than "from
numpy import *" (which is already confusing).

I know namespace are good things, but the beginner struggles with them.
This is why I used the "import *" in my above examples.

My 2 cents,

Gaël