[Numpy-discussion] Interaction between Numpy and the nose framework (was : packaging scipy)

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Mon Apr 7 11:25:09 CDT 2008

On 07/04/2008, Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, I stumbled on something strange with the nose framework. If you from
> numpy.testing import * in a test file, the nose framework will try to test
> the testing module by calling every test* method.
>
> I just mention it there because I think I'm not the only one to do this for
> set_package_path, assert_equal, ...

I've noticed that behaviour, too.  Note, however, that you do not need
to use set_package_path and friends with nose; you can instead do a
fully qualified import:

from numpy.submod.mod import foo

Regards
Stéfan