[Numpy-discussion] packaging scipy (was Re: Simple financial functions for NumPy)

Andreas Klöckner lists@informa.tiker....
Mon Apr 7 13:47:29 CDT 2008

On Montag 07 April 2008, Robert Kern wrote:
> I would prefer not to do it at all. We've just gotten people moved
> over from Numeric; I'd hate to break their trust again.

+1.

IMO, numpy has arrived at a state where there's just enough namespace clutter
to allow most use cases to get by without importing much sub-namespace junk,
and I think that's a good place to be (and to stay).

For now, I'd be very careful about adding more.

> >  It is really nice to think about having NumPy Core, NumPy Full,
> >  NumPyKits, SciPy Core, SciPy Full and SciPyKits.
>
> Really? It gives me the shivers, frankly.

Couldn't agree more.

Andreas