[Numpy-discussion] packaging scipy (was Re: Simple financial functions for NumPy)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Apr 8 16:32:23 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Steven H. Rogers <steve@shrogers.com> wrote:
> On Tue, April 8, 2008 07:28, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
>  > ...
>

>  > http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/html/
>  > http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/ipython1.pdf
>  >
>  > Sphinx seems a very promising to the everlasting problem of documentation.
>  >
>  Thanks for bringing this up.  I need to look at Sphinx.

Just to mention that this doesn't necessarily override the need for a
faster/more roubst database-backed doc index, but it certainly
provides a lot of funcitonality out of the box for end users, which is
one of the reasons I'm so excited (and grateful) about it.  If more of
our combined/related projects use sphinx, users will have a reasonably
uniform doc-searching experience with high-quality (at least visually
:) docs, and PDF to boot.

Cheers,