[Numpy-discussion] numpyx.pyx (recent svn) works?

Francesc Altet faltet@carabos....
Wed Apr 9 02:44:40 CDT 2008

A Wednesday 09 April 2008, Francesc Altet escrigué:
> A Wednesday 09 April 2008, Andrew Straw escrigué:
> > This is off-topic and should be directed to the pyrex/cython list,
> > but since we're on the subject:
> >
> > I suppose the following is true, but let me ask, since I have not
> > used Cython. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
> >
> > I have a bunch of pyrex compiled .pyx code. If I start adding some
> > Cython compiled code, all the extensions will live happily without
> > colliding, even if I don't re-compile my old .pyx files with
> > Cython.
> >
> > (I can't imagine how they'd conflict, since they both translate to
> > .c extensions without anything to collide. Or are there
> > linker-level symbols that collide or something difficult?)
>
> I don't expect you having problems in that regard either.  However,
> I've been having problems compiling perfectly valid Pyrex code with
> the Cython compiler.  I just haven't had time to locate where the
> problem is and report it, but people using Pyrex and planning to
> migrate to Cython must be aware that these sort of things happen.

Just to clarify, my problems were more due to file arrangement to create
extensions (.pxd, .pxi, etc...) than the issue in the relatively simple
Pyrex example distributed with NumPy.

Cheers,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"