[Numpy-discussion] ticket #605

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Wed Apr 9 06:29:36 CDT 2008

Hello,

I just turned this one into a blocker for now.  There has been a very
long and good discussion about this ticket:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/605

Could someone (David?, Bruce?) briefly summarize the problem and the
current proposed solution for us again?  Let's agree on the problem
and the solution.  I want to have something similiar to what is
written about median for this release:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.0.5

I agree with David's sentiment:  "This issue has been raised a number
of times since I follow this ML. It's not the first time I've proposed
patches, and I've already documented the weird behavior only to see
the comments disappear after a while. I hope this time some kind of
agreement will be reached."

If you give me the short summary I will make sure Travis or Eric
respond (and I will put it in the release notes).

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley