[Numpy-discussion] packaging scipy (was Re: Simple financial functions for NumPy)

David Huard david.huard@gmail....
Wed Apr 9 15:18:41 CDT 2008

2008/4/9, Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org>:

> [snip]
>
> Some people do not want their scripts to scale or to last more than a day.

And that's what Matlab is especially good at ! ; )

And I'll say the thing I'm dying to say since this started: If anybody other
than Travis had suggested we put financial functions in numpy the response
would have been: make it a scikit, let the functions mature and evolve, get
some feedback from users and then we'll see where they fit in. The fact that
we are still discussing this shows the huge amount of respect Travis has in
this community, but also the lack of guidelines for NumPy's growth. Maybe
it's time for us to decide on a procedure for NEPs (Numpy Enhancement
Proposals) !

Regards,

David