[Numpy-discussion] packaging scipy (was Re: Simple financial functions for NumPy)

Joris De Ridder Joris.DeRidder@ster.kuleuven...
Thu Apr 10 06:24:26 CDT 2008

On 10 Apr 2008, at 05:21, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:

> Right now it looks like there is a mix of attitudes, about the
> financial
> functions.   They are a small enough addition, that I don't think it
> matters terribly much what we do with them.  So, it seems to me that
> keeping them in numpy.lib and following the rule for that namespace
> for
> 1.0.5 will be viewed as anywhere from tolerable to a good idea
> depending
> on your point of view.

Just to be sure, you are talking about functions to compute interest
rates, cumulative interests, asset depreciation, annuity periodic
payments, security yields, and stuff like this?

Joris