[Numpy-discussion] #734: interactive docstring search (lookfor)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Apr 10 17:34:46 CDT 2008

Fernando Perez kirjoitti:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Hoyt Koepke <hoytak@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  In [1]: import numpy
>>  >
>>  >  In [2]: numpy.info('eigvals')
>>  >      *** Found in numpy.linalg ***
>>  >   eigvals(a)
>>
>>  Fair enough....  Don't know why I missed that, prob relied too much on
>>  Google search :-)
>>
>>  Having it as part of iPython does make sense.
>
> bit swamped ritght now, but just to say that we'll be happy to put it in...

I wrote an Ipython0 extension implementing %lookfor, and filed it in the
ticket http://ipython.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/ticket/245 so that I
don't forget about it. (Download the file, and import ipy_lookfor.py to
get a magic %lookfor command.)

It's a bit rough right now, but I don't have time to finish it today.

--
Pauli Virtanen