[Numpy-discussion] Normal Distribution With NumPy?

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys....
Fri Apr 11 11:05:06 CDT 2008

   I see in the NumPy Book that there are functions to allow generation of
beta, binomial, and poisson curves, but I don't see one for normal curves.
Is there such a function?

   Currently I'm using code (I forget from where) that creates a Gaussian
distribution, but the tails do not reach zero (within the range of the x
axis) unless the inflection point is less than 0.5 on the y axis.

   I'm using PyX to plot the resulting curves and would like to avoid
re-inventing the wheel. If there's python code to calculate a normal
distribution given the center, width, and inflection point I would
appreciate a pointer to the source.

Rich