[Numpy-discussion] Release of NumPy

Mon Apr 14 23:59:14 CDT 2008

After the SciPy sprints some useful discussions took place that helped
us all realize that we have made enough changes to the code base that we
will need to call any release from the trunk 1.1

I don't think that is a big problem.   However,  there have also been a
lot of substantial bug fixes that really deserve to be applied against
1.0.4 and released as 1.0.5

So, the question is.  Do we have enough energy in the community to
release the current trunk as 1.1 as well as release 1.0.5 which does not
contain any of the code/api changes, but just the bug fixes?  The answer
will be yes if somebody volunteers to back-port just the bug-fixes to
1.0.4.    I would really like there to be a bug-fix 1.0.5 release if at
all possible.

Best regards,

-Travis