[Numpy-discussion] Release of NumPy

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Wed Apr 16 01:08:29 CDT 2008

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Anne Archibald apparently wrote:
> This discussion risks going around in circles. Write up
> your proposed solutions, with example code, in PEP style,
> here:
> http://www.scipy.org/ProposedEnhancements

Done: http://www.scipy.org/MatrixIndexing

I am a NumPy user, not a NumPy developer, but I believe the
example code appropriately produces the desired behavior change.

I believe this is really the last opportunity for this change.
It is clear that it is already almost impossible to make API
changes, even those that like this one are unlikely to
affect much real code.  So if it is a good idea, as I argue,
its time has come.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac