[Numpy-discussion] Release of NumPy

Joris De Ridder Joris.DeRidder@ster.kuleuven...
Thu Apr 17 05:10:02 CDT 2008

On 17 Apr 2008, at 01:09, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:

> Split infinitive -- I'd get in trouble for that.
>
> Please use the latest patch (attached), which fixes a bug with
> assignment.
>
> I experimented with returning an (N,) array when converting using
> vector.A, but I'm not convinced that that is consistent behaviour, so
> I let that issue remain for now.

The patch introduces "Vector", but I assume it's your intend to change
this into "RowVector" or "ColumnVector" in the end, correct? With
"Vector" I expect tons of emails of (newbie) people confused whether
and when they should use array and when Vector. Especially when they
come from a language where "vector" is used for what we call an array.

Just my 2 cents,
Joris