[Numpy-discussion] Distutils: using different linker options for c++ and c code

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Apr 17 23:37:00 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> Question. How does numpy link against the python library when there is only
> a static version present?

However distutils tells it to. The information is contained in
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/config/Makefile, mostly in the LDFLAGS and
LDSHARED variables.

> I compiled/installed python2.6.2a and the only
> library it generated was /usr/local/lib/python2.6/config/libpython2.6.a.
> Furthermore, I didn't see the python library specifically linked by any of
> the numpy code.

This looks like a problem with your installation of Python.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco