[Numpy-discussion] Distutils: using different linker options for c++ and c code

Fri Apr 18 01:15:16 CDT 2008

2008/4/18, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Matthieu Brucher
> <matthieu.brucher@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can help with packaging at least numpy with Visual Studio 2003 (well,
> > have to check the EULA if I'm allowed to do that !). For scipy, it is a
> > matter of Fortran compiler :|
>

> That probably won't work. I believe that the debugging symbol formats
> are different between mingw and MSVC.

That was in case we publish binaries made with Visual Studio, as David asked
about this matter. The debugging symbols are indeed different, but if it is
possible to use Visual Studio, why shouldn't we ? Visual Studio debugger is
far better than gdb when debugging optimized code (IMHO).

Matthieu
--
French PhD student