[Numpy-discussion] [numscons] 0.6.1 release: it build scipy, and on windows !

Mon Apr 21 05:59:38 CDT 2008

Pearu Peterson wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>

>>     - f2py has been almost entirely rewritten: it can now scan the
>>
>                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>> module name automatically, and should be much more reliable.
>>

> What do you mean by ^^^? ;)

I did not touch f2py, don't worry :) I meant the scons tool f2py: tools
are basically the interface between general tools (compilers, linkers,
interface generetors like swig, etc...) and scons. Because f2py itself
is meant to be used in distutils, which is command based, it was not
trivial to adapt it to a tool like scons which is target based (that is
handle dependencies through a DAG, like make).

cheers,

David