[Numpy-discussion] Code generator bug and fix?

Mon Apr 21 21:28:29 CDT 2008

Charles R Harris wrote:
> I've gotten my own python class with a logical_not method to work
> correctly if I goto numpy/core/code_generators/generate_umath.py and
> change
I need more context for this.   Why does the umath generator matter for
your python class?

> 'logical_not' :
>     Ufunc(1, 1, None,
>           'returns not x elementwise.',
>           TD(noobj, out='?'),
>           TD(M, f='logical_not', out='?'),
>           ),

> 'logical_not' :
>     Ufunc(1, 1, None,
>           'returns not x elementwise.',
>           TD(noobj, out='?'),
>           TD(M, f='logical_not'),
>           ),

Why is this an error?   Is the difference only removing the out
variable?  It's been a while since I reviewed this code, so what does
removing the out variable do functionally (What is the difference in the
ufunc that is generated)?

-Travis