[Numpy-discussion] Boolean output for Object arrays with M

Mon Apr 21 23:04:12 CDT 2008

Hi Chuck,

O.K.  I've finally caught up with you, I think (at least as far as the
umath generators go).

All TD(M,.....)  lines should *not* have out='?'

The reasoning is that this specifies a ufunc type with object inputs and
boolean array outputs where the function is a method of the object
input.   However,  the output of a Python method is not going to be a
C-boolean.  It will be an Object.

Thus, I think that you are right and removing the out='?' from all
TD(M,...) lines is the right thing to do.

-Travis