[Numpy-discussion] access ndarray in C++

Wed Apr 23 03:40:52 CDT 2008

Hi David !

Is it possible to construct a Python module with Scons without tampering
with different flags? I think you built your own builder (just like I did),
but did you manage to put it in Scons 0.98 ?

Matthieu

2008/4/23, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>:

> Sebastian Haase wrote:
> >
> > Hi Joris,
> > this is a great ( short ) recipe ! Could you elaborate on the line
> > "You need to compile myextension.cpp and make a shared library from
> > it. The easiest way is to use Scons with the constructor file:"
> > !?
> > How do you call Scons in your example !? On Windows ( = cygwin !? ) ,
> > Linux and on OS-X ?
> >

> I think Joris mentioned scons because that's the easiest way to build a
> shared library in a cross platform way (taking care of -fPIC on unix,
> linker option, etc...).
>
> Scons is like make, and SConstruct files are like makefiles: you just
> call scons instead of make when you have a SConstruct file.
>

> > Scons is now part of numpy (svn), right ?  (at least the scons version
> you mean)
> >

> I think this had nothing to do with using scons to build numpy/scipy per
> se (numpy svn does not include scons, BTW, only hooks to call scons from
> distutils).
>
> cheers,
>

> David

French PhD student