[Numpy-discussion] access ndarray in C++

Wed Apr 23 03:40:50 CDT 2008

Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> Hi David !
>
> Is it possible to construct a Python module with Scons without
> tampering with different flags? I think you built your own builder
> (just like I did), but did you manage to put it in Scons 0.98 ?

Unfortunately, no. I had to make a choice on which features to push to a
good enough quality for 0.98 timeframe, and better fortran support was
more important than python extension builder for me (I can incorporate a
python extension builder without touching scons sources, but fixing
fortran support meant that my own scons was different than official
scons, which is not good).

Having a good python extension builder is also more difficult than I
first expected, too (you can't retrieve options for MS compilers from
distutils, for example and I would like to support building with and
without distutils' help).

cheers,

David