[Numpy-discussion] numpy release

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Wed Apr 23 12:23:23 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:
>  The question is: what blocks the release of 1.1?  The following
>  tickets deserve attention:
>
>  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/750
>  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/605
>  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/551
>  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/738
>  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/743
>  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/748
>  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/751
>  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/736
>
>  Further issues:
>
>  - Alan's matrix indexing: x[0][0] for matrices currently yield x[0]

I was still hoping to get 1.1.0 out ASAP.  Unfortunately, I have been
too busy for the last week to pay attention to the release blockers.
The last time I looked the only issues I felt absolutely needed to be
resolved before the release were:
1.  Testing the Windows binary, which is now done.
2.  Testing the Mac binary, which is now done.
3.  Testing or removing fromregex, which is now done:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/719

I haven't looked carefully at the above tickets, but at a cursory
glance it didn't seem like there were any new regressions.  Stefan
could you confirm that?  If so, I would like to branch 1.1.x and tag
1.1.0 on Friday night.  Unless there is some concrete reason that we
need to delay this release any longer, I will send out an email later
today with an 'official' timeline for the release, which will probably
be on Monday if I tag on Friday night.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman