[Numpy-discussion] numpy release

Wed Apr 23 13:32:21 CDT 2008

On 23/04/2008, Alan Isaac <aisaac@american.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Sebastian Haase wrote:
>  > What used to be referred to a the 1.1 version, that can
>  > break more stuff, to allow for a cleaner design, will now
>  > be 1.2
>
> So ... fixing x[0][0] for matrices should wait
>  until 1.2.  Is that correct?

It seems to me that everyone agrees that the current situation is
broken, but there is considerable disagreement on what the correct fix
is. My inclination is to apply the minimal fix you suggest, with tests
and documentation, as a stopgap, and let the different factions sort
it out by discussion on the way to 1.2.

Objections?

Anne