[Numpy-discussion] Generating Bell Curves (was: Using normal() )

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys....
Fri Apr 25 13:48:59 CDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Robert Kern wrote:

> In that case, you need to search the literature of your field for precise
> details on how to construct the curve that you want.

Robert,

   Considering how few of us work in this subject area there's not much in
the way of resources.

   Regardless, for now the working Gaussian code will do quite well. As time
permits I'll see what I can find (or create) to produce a curve that reaches
zero at the bounds.

Many thanks, all,

Rich