[Numpy-discussion] Does Unreasonable Matrix Behavior affectScipy Sparse

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Fri Apr 25 18:17:19 CDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Dinesh B Vadhia apparently wrote:
> I have a working program with b=Ax, where A is a large
> sparse matrix.  However, I need the int8 support in the
> sparse library to utilize much larger matrices.  I managed
> to get hold of a numpy svn 5066 and scipy svn 4167 build,
> and b=Ax now returns garbage results.  Nothing was changed
> in the program except replacing getrow with .todense() and
> I checked these to make sure the right rows were being
> picked up.

> Wish I could point out where exactly the problem lies but
> there was no Traceback just the wrong results but it can
> safely be assumed it is with the numpy/scipy matrix
> support.

You need to post a small example (actual code) that
generates the error.  But first update NumPy from SVN and
confirm that th problem still exists.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac