[Numpy-discussion] Movement of ma breaks matplotlib

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Sat Apr 26 10:41:58 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Anne Archibald
<peridot.faceted@gmail.com> wrote:
>  In the upcoming release of numpy. numpy.core.ma ceases to exist. One
>  must use numpy.ma (for the new interface) or numpy.oldnumeric.ma (for
>  the old interface). This has the unfortunate effect of breaking
>  matplotlib(which does "from numpy.core.ma import *") - I cannot even
>  "import pylab" with a stock matplotlib (0.90.1) and an SVN numpy. Is
>  this an intended effect?

You need matplotlib 0.91.2 or later.  0.91.2 was released in January:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/whats_new.html

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman