[Numpy-discussion] What is __array_wrap__ supposed to do?

Sat Apr 26 22:56:39 CDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> obj.
> > >
> > > Python type, not numpy dtype.
> >
> > So basically it's good for keeping matrices matrices?
>
> Yes, that is what it is used for.

I'm working through the linalg module. There is currently variation as to
whether or not eigenvalues/singular_values/residuals, are returned as arrays
or as matrices. I'm leaning towards making them all matrices. What do you
think?

Chuck