[Numpy-discussion] What is __array_wrap__ supposed to do?

Andreas Klöckner lists@informa.tiker....
Sat Apr 26 23:31:44 CDT 2008

On Samstag 26 April 2008, Charles R Harris wrote:
> I'm working through the linalg module. There is currently variation as to
> whether or not eigenvalues/singular_values/residuals, are returned as
> arrays or as matrices. I'm leaning towards making them all matrices. What
> do you think?

IMO, the user should only get matrices if he used them to start with. I'm
somewhat scared by all the disagreement about matrix semantics, and so if I
don't touch matrices myself, I don't want them forced on me, thank you very
much.

Or, if you prefer a briefer reply: NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :)

Andreas