[Numpy-discussion] Distribution Functions Change Behavior

Alan Isaac aisaac@american....
Mon Apr 28 11:02:32 CDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Hoyt Koepke wrote:
> I may not understand what you are asking, Rich, but I'm
> not sure I agree with Alan. A Gaussian fit to data
> x should fit exactly as well as data fit to ax, a > 0,
> just with a variance a^2 times the original

My point was different.
If you truncate at zero but your mean is at 50 and your
standard deviation is 10, you will hardly notice the
truncation.  If your mean is at 14 and the standard
deviation is 10, you will definitely see the truncation.
That's what I understood Rich to be seeing.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac