[Numpy-discussion] Starting to work on runtime plugin system for plugin (automatic sse optimization, etc...)

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Apr 29 01:24:22 CDT 2008

2008/4/29 David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>:
> Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
>  >
>  > What I meant was: would the plugin "slots" be decided beforehand, or
>  > could we manipulate them at runtime?  I.e. what I would really enjoy
>  > doing is define arbitrary ufuncs and plug them in (not only the blas
>  > funcs and a select few others).
>  >

>  Do you want to define the ufuncs at runtime ? Or do you want to be able
>  to select the ufuncs at runtime ?

Both, eventually, but I realise that this is somewhat out of the scope
of your original suggestion.

Don't let me distract you, I'm very keen to see what you come up with!

Cheers
Stéfan