[Numpy-discussion] failure building numpy using icc

Glen W. Mabey Glen.Mabey@swri....
Tue Apr 29 16:43:09 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 01:01:55PM -0500, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Not really, it was just a shot in the dark. The thing is, if conv_python is being run on the same source each time, it should give the same result. So I suspect that something is changing the sources and that is what I'm trying to track down. One of the build guys should know...
>
> Hmmm..., I notice that there is a line break in line 18 of scalartypes.inc.src that doesn't belong there. Could you fix that?

Okay, got that one.

> And the line number of the loop is 497, which is the loop before the one with PREFIX defined. For some reason the parser is missing the  /**end repeat**/ on line 509. Hmmm, try putting a blank line before it.

Putting a blank line before it didn't do the trick.

I have been looking at the python code that should have found the /**end
repeat**/ mark and I can't understand why it didn't find it.  In fact,
watch this great trick in pdb:

  ipdb> text[265:281]
  '/**end repeat**/'
  ipdb> text.find( text[265:281] )
  -1

Isn't that cool?  I can only assume that it is a compiler bug and I will
have to upgrade to a newer version of icc (I'm using 10.0.025, actually
it's cce).

After I do that, I'll post again if I have trouble.

Thanks for your help.

Glen