[Numpy-discussion] Starting to work on runtime plugin system for plugin (automatic sse optimization, etc...)

Tue Apr 29 22:21:06 CDT 2008

Andreas Klöckner wrote:
> But so far, I might not end up having to do all that, for which I'd be
> endlessly grateful.

If you really need it, note that numpy can be built with scons instead
of distutils, and the scons scripts are now available in numpy svn (and
will be included in the releases sources starting from 1.1.0).

Scons severely lacks in the cross-compilation departement, but I think
scons scripts are easier to adapt to cmake than distutils setup.py files
if you need to use cmake :) I would actually be quite interested in
making numpy build in a cross-compilation environment with scons

cheers,

David