[Numpy-discussion] Starting to work on runtime plugin system for plugin (automatic sse optimization, etc...)

Andreas Klöckner lists@informa.tiker....
Tue Apr 29 22:50:35 CDT 2008

On Dienstag 29 April 2008, David Cournapeau wrote:
> Andreas Klöckner wrote:
> > Yes, obviously everything will need to be linked into one big static
> > executable blob. I am somewhat certain that distutils will be of no help
> > there, so I will need to "roll my own". There is a CMake-based build of
> > Python for BG/L, I was planning to work off that.
>
> You will have to build numpy too. Not that I want to discourage you, but
> that will be a hell of a work.

Good news is that Bluegene/P (the next version of that architecture) *does*
support dynamic linking. It's probably broken in some obscure way, but that's
(hopefully) better than not exsitent. :)

In any case, if I can't dodge porting my code to BG/L, you'll hear from me. :)

Andreas