[Numpy-discussion] recarray fun

Wed Apr 30 23:41:22 CDT 2008

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> 2008/4/30 Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker@noaa.gov>:
>
>> Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
>>  > That's the way, or just rgba_image.view(numpy.int32).
>>
>>  ah -- interestingly, I tried:
>>
>>  rgba_image.view(dtype=numpy.int32)
>>
>>  and got:
>>
>>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>>  TypeError: view() takes no keyword arguments
>>
>>  Since it is optional, shouldn't it be keyword argument?
>>

> Thanks, fixed in r5115.

This was too hasty.   I had considered this before.

The problem with this is that the object can be either a type object or
a data-type object.  You can use view to both re-cast a numpy array as
another subtype or as another data-type.

So, please revert the change until a better solution is posted.

-Travis