[Numpy-discussion] Renaming MaskedArray._basedict

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Sun Aug 3 16:50:37 CDT 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008 16:31:33 Nathan Bell wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you could trap it in __getattr_ instead?  For instance:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/scipy/sparse/csr.py#L87

I could but I don't want to. MaskedArray should stay as low-level as possible,
and overwriting __getattr__ would slow things down. Besides, it works quite
well as it is, and leaves the user the possibility to modify it so that
elements of _basedict/_optinfo can be accessed as properties for additional
checks.