[Numpy-discussion] confusion on importing numpy

Bill Baxter wbaxter@gmail....
Wed Aug 6 05:50:14 CDT 2008

Anything that defeats the purpose of doing * imports is good in my book.  :-)

Seriously, willy nilly import of any package into the base namespace
is just asking for trouble.
Tell your class to import numpy as np, then there will be no chance of
confusion.
Then later tell them about  "from numpy import min,max,array".  Or
just have them do "min = np.min" etc.

--bb