[Numpy-discussion] cubic spline function in numarray or numpy

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus@yale....
Wed Aug 6 11:09:57 CDT 2008

Hi Shawn,

> I am trying to find 1-D cubic spline function. But I am not able to
> call it. Error message can’t find “ndimage”

Numpy provides tools for creating and dealing with multidimensional
arrays and some basic FFT and linear algebra functions. You want to
look at scipy, a set of packages built on numpy that provide more
sophisticated domain-specific functionality. Specifically, ndimage is
part of *scipy*, not numpy.

Zach