[Numpy-discussion] numpy.fromstring() : error handling ?

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus@yale....
Thu Aug 7 16:27:52 CDT 2008

> the following code drives python into an endless loop :

It works on OS X 10.5.4 with a today's SVN head of numpy:

In [1]: import numpy

In [2]: numpy.fromstring("abcd", dtype = float, sep = ' ')
Out[2]: array([ 0.])

In [3]: numpy.version.version
Out[3]: '1.2.0.dev5619'

Perhaps this was fixed recently, or the bug is platform-specific?

Zach