[Numpy-discussion] ndarray subclassing bug?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Sun Aug 10 14:49:29 CDT 2008

On Sunday 10 August 2008 15:50:15 Christoph T. Weidemann wrote:
> Pierre,
> Thanks for the fast and informative answers!

Sorry again for the confusion, the first answer was definitely too fast...

> I used the base attribute to call ndarray functions on
> my derived class and obviously that failed when base was NoneType. I
> now realize that this is not a good/robust use of the base attribute
> and I found a different way to implement the functionality I needed.

What functionality, may I ask ?
I also recommend http://www.scipy.org/Subclasses on the scipy wiki. Please
don't hesitate to edit it with your own observations.