[Numpy-discussion] has f2py changed from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1 ????

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Aug 12 21:25:45 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 20:12, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 3:21 PM, mark <markbak@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all -
>>
>> I have been banging my head against the wall.
>>
>> f2py worked fine on windows under 1.0.4 (Python 2.5)
>>
>> After upgrading to numpy 1.1.1, f2py keeps complaining it cannot find
>> msvccompiler, yet it is still in the same place (under distutils) as
>> it was under 1.0.4.
>>
>> Did something change? I read something about some f2py branch that was
>> ended in 1.1.1.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to solve this?
>
> 1.1.1 should be the  same as the trunk f2py wise, so we need to figure this
> out. Robert might have an idea as to what is going on.

Without more information (like a traceback, the Fortran compiler that
the OP is trying to use, and the --fcompiler, etc. options used), not
really.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."