[Numpy-discussion] has f2py changed from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1 ????

mark markbak@gmail....
Wed Aug 13 03:15:40 CDT 2008

Charles and Robert -

I am running Python 2.5.2 on Windows XP.

I use the Enthought distribution, which comes with numpy 1.0.4. f2py
works fine using mingw32 and gfortran. My command line is:

python c:\python25\scripts\f2py.py -c -m besselaes --compiler=mingw32
--fcompiler=gnu95 besselaes.f90

Next I upgraded to numpy 1.1.1 (most importantly, because matplotlib
0.98 requires numpy 1.1.x). I run exactly the same command line and
get the error:

Ignoring "Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
setup.py." (one should fix me in fcompiler/compaq.py)
running build
running scons
No module named msvccompiler in numpy.distutils; trying from distutils

I don't understand, because distutils still contains the files
msvccompiler.py and .pyc.

I removed numpy 1.1.1 and reinstalled the numpy1.0.4 egg, but that
didn't help. I had to reinstall the entire Enthought distribution to
get f2py to work again.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark