[Numpy-discussion] C99 math funcs and windows

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Aug 13 16:11:16 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Matthieu Brucher
<matthieu.brucher@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do some people have a strong opinion on that ? Disabling sounds like
>> the way to go for 1.2.0, but at some point, we will have to deal with
>> this C99 problem on windows if people add more C99 code in it.
>
> Besides, not every one has a C99 compliant compiler on Windows... Is
> mingw compatible with VS 9.0 now ?

Actually, the problem may well be different from what I first thought.
Still the compiler on windows situation is a bit worrying, because we
will need this compatibility with VS 2008 (for 2.6, typically). There
are some alpha somewhere for 4.3.0 (alpha quality), and some binaries
here:

http://www.develer.com/oss/GccWinBinaries

But building extensions with 4.3.0 does not work IIRC. I am working on
it right now, actually.

cheers,

David