[Numpy-discussion] Mac OSX 4-way universal

Chris Kees christopher.e.kees@erdc.usace.army....
Wed Aug 13 17:41:01 CDT 2008

You're right. I think it's coming from here:

Lib/distutils/command/install.py:573
   def run (self):

        # Obviously have to build before we can install
        if not self.skip_build:
            self.run_command('build')
            # If we built for any other platform, we can't install.
            build_plat =
self.distribution.get_command_obj('build').plat_name
            # check warn_dir - it is a clue that the 'install' is happening
            # internally, and not to sys.path, so we don't check the
platform
            # matches what we are running.
            if self.warn_dir and build_plat != get_platform():
                raise DistutilsPlatformError("Can't install when "
                                             "cross-compiling")