[Numpy-discussion] Mac OSX 4-way universal

robert.kern@gmai... robert.kern@gmai...
Wed Aug 13 18:08:14 CDT 2008

On 2008-08-13, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hmm. Odd. I can't find the string "Can't install when cross-compiling"
>> anywhere in the numpy or Python sources. Can you try again with the
>> environment variable DISTUTILS_DEBUG=1 set?
>
> You can find it in python svn: the message seems python 2.6 specific.

Okay, it looks like this happens when distutils.util.get_platform()
and the build command's plat_name are different. Chris, can you do the
following and show me the output?

$ python setup.py build --help
$ python -c "from distutils import util;print util.get_platform()"

Probably a workaround is to do

$ python setup.py build --plat-name=... install

where ... is whatever the output of the second command above gives.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco