[Numpy-discussion] Generalized ufuncs?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Aug 14 22:55:59 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 22:45, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> I notice that you have merged some new ufunc infrastructure. I think these
> sort of things should be discussed and reviewed on the list before being
> committed. Could you explain what the purpose of these patches is? The
> commit messages are rather skimpy.

Stéfan happens to be in our offices this week, so he did discuss it
with Travis, at least. This was actually contributed to us with
extensive details from Wenjie Fu and Hans-Andreas Engel here:

  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/887

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."