[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.2.0b2 released

Andrew Dalke dalke@dalkescientific....
Fri Aug 15 02:11:20 CDT 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
> 5) The testing code seems like a lot of duplication to save .01
> seconds

Personally I want to get rid of all in-body test code
and use nosetests or something similar.  I know that's
not going to happen at the very least because I was
told that people have been told for years to test
numpy using:

   import numpy; numpy.test()

Therefore my second choice is to only implement that
top-level function (using deferred imports) and to
get rid of all of the other test() and bench()
functions.

This patch is actually my third choice - full
compatibility - but it's easier to trim code from
a patch than it is to add code to a patch, so
I submitted it that way.

				Andrew
				dalke@dalkescientific.com