[Numpy-discussion] VS 2003 problems with cython-generated code

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Fri Aug 15 14:22:07 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> Be careful if you break across lines. The gnu compilers will accept
>
> "foo"
> "bar"
>
> But for some others you need to use a line continuation.
>
> "foo"\
> "bar"

I don't put newlines: I really do "foo""bar", to avoid this exact
problem. I tested the changes with gcc and visual studio (that's
really the minimal set we want to support at any release).

The changes are done in the code generator, because that's where the
problem was, but maybe this could have been changed somewhere else.
For mtrand, that's different, though: I am the only one who can
generate the file right now: that's the object of my email, and the
reason why I created a new branch for this.

cheers,

David