[Numpy-discussion] Questions about some of the random functions

Alan Jackson alan@ajackson....
Fri Aug 15 17:26:46 CDT 2008

Just a question - I'm gradually working through the distributions for
the documentation marathon and I realised that there is a whole nest
of them named "standard-xxxx".

For several (e.g., normal) they are just the regular distribution with all the
parameters except size set to "standard" values.

So my first question is - why? They seem very redundant.

Second question - why is there is a "standard-t" for Student's T-test
(or the distribution associated with it) but no corresponding "t"
distribution.

I probably have too much time to think about it this weekend. 8-)